Birth Center Accreditation Support Grants
Due to the generosity of donors, AABCF established a grant in 2014 to assist birth center applicants with fees due to the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers (CABC). The grant is designed to pay the second half of the initial payment for accreditation fee. The AABCF will have the exclusive authority to determine all grant guidelines, criteria, timelines and awards, and will monitor all grants.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To qualify a birth center must have:
- AABC membership
- A demonstrated financial hardship to pay 100% of the CABC accreditation fees
- A demonstrated capacity and a plan to complete the accreditation process with the intent to maintain accreditation.
Special consideration will be given to birth centers that demonstrate one or more of the following:
- A commitment to serving low income women and/or women on Medical Assistance
- Situated in a rural or low-income area
- Annual gross revenues of less than $100,000
- A commitment to foster public education about birth centers
HOW DO I APPLY?
The AABC Foundation will review grant applications on a rolling basis. Grants expire one year after issue, so please plan your application to fit into that timeline.
- Apply by July 1, 2017 to receive a decision by August 30, 2017
- Apply by September 1, 2017 to receive a decision by October 30, 2017
- Apply by November 1, 2017 to receive a decision by December 30, 2017
- Apply by January 2, 2017 to receive a decision by February 28, 2017
Please complete the online grant application answering the following questions:
- What is the name, address, website, and contact name for your birth center?
- What year was your birth center established?
- Is your birth center currently an AABC Member?
- What are your estimated annual gross revenues?
- What is your estimated volume (# of births) for the current year?
- How would you describe your geographic service area?
- What percentage of your clients are low-income?
- Why do you need financial assistance in applying for/maintaining CABC birth center accreditation? (150 word limit)
- Why do you want to become (or remain) CABC accredited? (150 word limit)
Applicants will also need to submit via email to email@example.com the following supporting documents to complete their grant application:
- Birth center budget that includes costs of accreditation minus a grant for 50% of CABC fees.
- Profit and loss statement for past year (if applicable)
- CVs (resumes) for key staff
- Letter of support from a key partner to the birth center (e.g., referral hospital, community program, etc.)
HOW IS THE GRANT AWARDED?
Award certificates are issued to birth centers which tell the size of the grant and its purpose. The certificate can be redeemed by sending it to the CABC for use in lieu of payment. CABC then sends the certificate back to AABC Foundation which then pays that amount to CABC. An award certificate expires 365 days from the date of issue and so must be used in that time.
Questions? Please contact Linda Baysore at firstname.lastname@example.org / 866-54-BIRTH.
Download the Birth Center Accreditation Support Grant RFP.