Birth Center Membership Support Grants
Due to the generosity of donors, AABCF established a grant in 2006 to assist birth center applicants with up to 50% of membership fees due the American Association of Birth Centers (AABC) for (1) birth centers that are applying for membership for the first time and (2) birth centers that are due for membership renewal but experiencing a fiscal crisis. The AABCF will have the exclusive authority to determine all grant guidelines, criteria, timelines and awards; and will monitor all grants.
Who can apply?
To qualify a birth center must have:
- A financial hardship to pay 100% of the AABC membership dues
- Intent to maintain AABC membership
Special consideration will be given to birth centers that demonstrate one or more of the following:
- A commitment to serving low income women and/or women on Medical Assistance
- Situated in a rural or low-income area
- Annual gross revenues of less than $100,000
- A commitment to foster public education about birth centers
How do I apply?
The AABC Foundation will review grant applications on a rolling basis. Grants expire one year after issue, so please plan your application to fit into that timeline.
- Apply by July 1, 2017 to receive a decision by July 30, 2017
- Apply by September 1, 2017 to receive a decision by September 30, 2017
- Apply by November 1, 2017 to receive a decision by November 30, 2017
- Apply by January 2, 2018 to receive a decision by January 30, 2018
Please complete the online grant application answering the following questions:
- What is the name, address, website, and contact name for your birth center?
- What year was your birth center established?
- Is your birth center currently an AABC Member?
- What are your estimated annual gross revenues?
- What is your estimated volume (# of births) for the current year?
- How would you describe your geographic service area?
- What percentage of your clients are low-income?
- Why do you need financial assistance in applying for/maintaining AABC Birth Center membership? (150 word limit)
- Why do you want to become (or remain) an AABC Birth Center member? (150 word limit)
How is the Grant awarded?
Award certificates are issued to birth centers which tell the size of the grant and its purpose. The certificate can be redeemed by sending it to the AABC for use in lieu of payment. An award certificate expires 365 days from the date of issue and so must be used in that time.
For more information contact Linda Baysore, AABC Foundation staff at email@example.com / 866-54-BIRTH.