Request for Proposals - Research Grants
Due to the generosity of donors, AABCF is offering grant opportunities of not more than $5,000 to support research projects on issues related to the birth center model of care. The AABCF will have the exclusive authority to determine all grant guidelines, criteria, timelines and awards, and will monitor all grants.
- Open to individuals or organizations
- Non-profit status not required
- Research project related to the birth center model of care
- A demonstrated capacity and a plan to complete the research in accordance with the project’s timeline.
Letter of Intent
Deadline: November 15, 2017
A letter of intent to consider projects is requested. After review of the Letters of Intent the AABC Foundation will invite individuals/organizations to submit a grant application.
Letter of intent is limited to one page and must include the following:
- Contact information
- Project description
- Total cost
- Approximate date/timeline
- How this project relates to the mission of AABC Foundation
Email Letter of Intent to Linda Baysore at the AABC Foundation.
Deadline: January 8, 2018
Individuals/organizations invited to submit a grant application will submit the following information:
- Project Title
- Project Period (beginning & ending dates)
- Project Director (name, title, institution, contact info)
- Total Project Budget (amount)
- amount requested from AABC Foundation
- amount of financial aid you are seeking from sources other than the AABC Foundation
- Institution/Setting where project will be conducted, the Employer Identification Number, and tax-exempt status of Institution if a non-profit
- How will this research benefit the advancement of the birth center model, including how the research findings can be applied to all birth centers.
- Abstract (200 words)
Page limit: 4 pages, single-spaced, 1” margins, 12 pt font
- The problem or issue your research will address and its significance
- Project goals/objectives and timeline
- Method to achieve objectives with timeline and anticipated milestones
- Evaluation plan
- Project budget that includes sources of support (use budget form provided)
- CVs for key staff, and a brief description of their responsibilities for the project
- Evidence of IRB approval (or letter stating exempt status)
- Letter of support from a key partner or advisor on project
Contact Linda Baysore at the AABC Foundation (215.234.8068 / email Linda)
Want to stay in the loop? Join our Mailing List!